Saturday, February 11, 2006

My Intended Ensemble

I'm planning to stage this performance about half way between the set-ups of Jon Plimmer and Simon Frankton's student led performances.

Jon's (A Night of Movies and Musicals) was a very theatrical and traditionally classical setup, with Jon as conductor and the brass and woodwind sections spread around him like an orchestra.


Simon Frankton's Level 42 Greatest Tributes Tour



Simon's on the other hand had been described as "like walking into Wembley" and was a large scale rock concert-esque staging.


Simon Frankton's Level 42 Greatest Tributes Tour



I would like to have a mix somewhere in between, as the featured instrumentalist I should hold some prominence in the layout, but I play better standing so a blending of the two setups should be the correct way to go.

The intended instruments I would like are:

Flute,
Clarinet ,
Tenor Sax,
Piano (Henry Salmon who I've played with so often offered to play for this project last year)
Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar - that'll be me ;)
Bass Guitar,
Drums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home