Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Technical shopping list for SPU

This is the shopping list of technical specifications that I am going to ask SPU...sorry, Sound and Vision for at our meeting today:

  • Strand 300 lighting desk (there should be enough lights in Studio 1 for our purposes)
  • Vision Mixer (plus cables for 2 laptop inputs)
  • Multimedia Projector(s)

And as I also want to do a multi-angle mixed DVD of the performance I'm trying to figure out how many cameras and angles I'll need:

1 wide shot of whole band (camera at back of seating on tripod + 4-way),
1 camera operator solely on my playing (Dad with his Sony?)
1 roving camera operator / two is preferred (Ron with SPU camera?)
1 on piano (plus 4-way and tripod)
1 on woodwind section (plus 4-way and tripod)
1 on rhythm section (plus 4-way and tripod)

which in total is:

  • 5 miniDV cameras
  • 4 power extension cables (4-ways?)
  • 4 tripods (no, not Henry)
Let's see how much of this I can realistically get hold of; although, to be fair, if Nick is able to come with his rig and do the sound then at least I don't need to book a massive amount of PA gear from SPU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home