Monday, March 13, 2006

Banging my head against a wall...

I just received this email back from Gris regarding booking of Studio 1 and Nick doing the sound.

Sorry Steve, but I don't think we can have outside people come in to do this because of health and safety/insurance regulations. You will need to talk to Sounf (sic) & Vision anyway about your final performance, so I suggest you go and talk to them now regarding the situation. Cheers, Gris.

Bearing in mind that Nick has already done the sound for Jon and Henry at Presence last year (which was in Studio 3), and the fact that he does this for a living (so knows Health and Safety) I'm a bit surprised at this response, especially after we were encouraged to use outside help where possible. Besides, in terms of insurance I'm pretty certain that Nick's gear is covered, and surely Dartington should have a comprehensive Public Liability cover too? Oh well, ours is not to reason why...

I think I'll have a word with SPU tomorrow after the Interim Performances, which won't be fun because they really don't like it when we don't use them for our work. I might also have a word with Trevor and see what his thoughts are. Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home